Winter, climate change, and pandemic – those concepts all happening under one full season are very problematic, even just by thinking of them alone. To let go of such mental and psychological stress from dealing with those problems, it will be better if there is a nice and relaxing way to enjoy at least a few moments. Since you cannot go outside and scream out of frustration, maybe all you need is the right drink.
Enter the “Winter Warmer,” a cocktail drink suited for the harsh, cold times. If a description is needed, the drink can taste somewhere between the likes of an espresso martini and a Mudslide. The ingredients include coffee, Irish cream, and vodka.
Furthermore, a finite amount of Fernet-Branca and anise flavor is added. These additions heighten the sweet taste, incorporate intense menthol and provide a refreshing delight. As long as the snow and coldness keep on pouring, the more relaxing this drink will be. Here is the complete list of ingredients and a summarized set of directions:
Serving: At most 1 serving
Preparation Time: Around 10 minutes
Total Time: Around 10 minutes
- 1 ounce of vodka
- 1 ounce of Irish cream, preferably Five Farms
- 3/4 ounce of fresh espresso; otherwise, a cold-brew concentrate
- 3/4 ounce of coffee liqueur
- 1/4 ounce of Fernet Branca
- A dash of fresh mint just for garnish
- Combine the ingredients mentioned above inside a cocktail shaker and add a substantial amount of ice.
- Shake the ingredients well until they are all well-chilled.
- Strain the mixture into your cocktail glass and add the fresh mint for garnish.