As a classic and somehow underrated piece of fabric, the scarf is very effective in many ways, both in keeping you warm and stylish. Either machine-made or hand-knitted, scarves can amplify your winter outfits in many styles.
In order to do so, you need to be familiar with the different ways to wear scarves. Here are the 9 common ways:
- The Drape –The simplest way of putting a scarf, by having it around the neck with both sides hanging evenly.
- The Loop – Same position with the drape but coiled around the neck once while still having the sides hanging evenly.
- The Tie- Place the scarf around the neck, tie the tail ends together into a knot and pull it as you prefer.
- The Toss Back- The drape but with one side toss around the back portion.
- The Pull Though- Fold the scarf crosswise, place around the neck, take both ends and pull, forming a loop.
- The Loop and Tie- Make a loop and then a tie.
- The Shawl- Expand the scarf and lay it over the shoulders, like a cape.
- The Extra Loose or Tight Loop- A regular loop with an extra adjustment of the tightness depending on your reaction to the winter chill.
Scarves are not only stylish fashion items but they are also very functional. You have several ways of how you can wear it and it is super easy to mix and match with your existing outfits so it will never go out of style.